11.09.2009

Say it ain't so, Jo.

I hope to eventually get around to reviewing the first episode of the eighth series of Spooks, but some disturbing spoilers...Hermione Norris aka Ros aka the woman I want to be in my next life dropped a bomb via the Daily Mail, always a reputable source. She promised a 'spectacular exit' for her character. The last 3 spectacular exits? Adam Carter (Rupert Penry-Jones) and the car bomb, Connie James (Gemma Jones) and the almost nuclear bomb, and of course Ben Kaplan (Alex Lanipekun) and the bra underwire. As long as Ros doesn't get her head dipped in a deep fat fryer, I might be able to stomach it, although they are a creative bunch over there. This sad news though comes on the heels of Miranda Raison's, who plays the useless Jo, interview last week. She leaked her departure from the show. Not a terrible loss for me as I never liked her character, but I do wonder about the trajectory of the show sans the two female leads. Anyway, 7 more episodes to go before series 9 speculation. I will admit from the preliminary viewing that this one hasn't hooked me like the opener of series 7, but I'm willing to expend some of my patience.