5.17.2010

Wonder Girls presents '2 Different Tears'.

The Wonder Girls' Nobody is being flogged, tarred, and feathered to death here in Hong Kong, perhaps because of the Chinese release of their CD a couple months ago which includes a Mandarin version of the song. I've been riding the anti-wave a bit while waiting for them to produce another Nobody-sized hit so I kind of missed this release a couple days ago. Their new song 2 Different Tears isn't as infectious but it has a subtle disco vibe that has me bobbing my head as I write. The video's a colorful mix of 70s and 80s nostalgia, plus Bobby Lee saturated in varying shades of glitter. The whole retro look fits the Wonder Girls well, and I like it so much better than the underage schoolgirl look of other girl groups (ahem, SNSD). Hopefully they can find ways to keep it fresh thus extended their American shelf life.

There are 2 versions. Posted is the Korean, click for the English.