3.31.2011

Less than three Liu Xuan.

What the hell would I write about if I didn't have K-Pop? Ah yes, TVB. And so, here it is. My latest love affair is Liu Xuan. There are some actresses I adore and would quite possibly turn gay for. Tang Wei is high on that list - actually, she is at the top of that list. Liu Xuan is, well, not in an Ang Lee movie opposite Tony Leung, but she still strikes me as crazy sweet. She is also very short for a HK actress and has managed to make Fala Chen look oafish (yes, oafish). This generally makes me feel better about life.

For some unfathomable reason, she decided to sign a contract with TVB and learn Cantonese. This Olympic gymnast is now starring in Grace Under Fire, which is about kung fu and Wong Fei Hong, among other things. It automatically earns negative points because Kenneth Ma is one of the male leads, but Liu Xuan has rescued it from whatever bad acting her co-star is engaged in. I missed the first week and a half so I'm not following the show too closely, but so far so good. 加油!!