1.01.2009

Bits and Beards for 1.2.09

Watching: (gasp) nothing
Listening:
lots of podcasts
Reading:
Persuasion by Jane Austen

News of the Day:
I nabbed this quote from the Bottle Shock trailer. It's a movie about Napa Valley kicking France's ass in a wine tasting competition. Alan Rickman plays the snooty Brit to Bill Pullman's flannel-wearing American.
"Why don't I like you?"
"Because you think I'm an ass. And I'm not really; I'm just British, and well, you're not."

Beard Talk:
A couple weeks ago, I think Scott Mills had a segment on beards, as in hot beards v quick! shave the motherf*r off beards. I forgot who made their list of notables but I'm pretty sure they omitted the entire
Robin Hood crew. So I'll render a verdict and that is the whole gang passes, including Keith Allen's Sheriff. It must be said that Jonas Armstrong's (Robin) can get overgrown, to the point that you could braid it and pin ribbons into it. Harry Lloyd's (Will Scarlett) 'stache is borderline child molester creepy but saved by Lloyd's charm. All beat out Prince William.