7.04.2009

You Too.

Huffington Post keeps putting up U2 articles, first because the band greened their stage and put up Farsi lyrics for a recent performance of Sunday Bloody Sunday in support of the Iranian protestors. Then there was an article that called attention to U2's song Walk On, which was written for Aung San Suu Kyi. The UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon is currently in Myanmar trying to negotiate some sense into that government. I did the natural thing and went on a U2 binge, which is generally a positive, especially on the 4th.

Here's a performance of Sunday Bloody Sunday from the 1st stop on the 3rd leg of their 2001 Elevation Tour...must be University of Notre Dame. I was pretty close to the bottom of the heart (the stage was a big heart) so maybe I'm in some of these clips. It was the best concert I've ever been to, though not a tremendous distinction considering my track record. This concert was actually notable for being their first after 9/11. I think they closed out with a performance of Walk On, also notable because they shared the stage with members of the NYPD and FDNY.