7.05.2009

Turn on the AC; it's hot in here.

Yes, I'm clearly on my news binge. Actually, I'm never not on it. It's just that sometimes politics gets displaced by cravings for other...things, people. At last a happy intersection between the two though, in the person of Anderson Cooper. I know. It is embarrassing. But I've succumbed, as I've been doing a lot lately.


This one started so innocently. I was reading comments on the blogs about Sarah Palin's July 4th present to the country and caught a little gem about the Cooper's reaction. Immediately after her announcement, he apparently muttered something about her grammatical fireworks, which instantly endeared me to the man. A search on youtube for said clip came up short, but before I knew it, I was watching him work out with Kelly Ripa. Damn, Anderson Cooper. That man has guns of steel. I don't think I'll start watching Anderson Cooper 360; he just did a week of MJ reporting from LA after all - with that notorious chimp piece to boot. But I'll pay more attention to his 60 Minutes reports, which I genuinely like and respect. If I ever get my life back, maybe I'll reread his book Dispatches From the Edge. I randomly picked it up last year and found it a healthy distraction from my research. But who wouldn't be intrigued by a sexy silver-haired heir who went from Yale to Vietnam to my 8th grade home room tv screen? He's a lot more interesting than Wolf Blitzer for sure. And he fucking went to Club 54 when he was 10, which makes his mom either cool or crazy.