Listening: I Need Love by Plan B f Jacob Anderson
Reading: The Company by Brian Littell
News of the Day:
- A brief history of American presidential inaugurations, which is like feting someone before their execution.
- A pottery-load of Iron Age coins are unearthed, but still not enough to bail out a bank.
- A book about how to not write a book.
- James McAvoy drops a new play and a load of f-bombs.
- Millionaire goes to the clank for stealing pages of really old books. Don't mess with the British and Oxford Libraries.
- Telling it like it is. The Times says: 'Temperatures in Western Europe go crazy'.
- The NEA's most recent report on reading gives hope that we aren't doomed to idiocy after all.
- A Michael Jackson musical - because there are no original ideas on Broadway.
- Impact diamonds spell death for woolly mammoths! (Featuring a quote from an SIU prof.)
- Third-hand smoke. Just quit already.
(Alright, this was just my excuse to post a clip of Heather Headley, of Aida fame, who killed Elton John's Your Song at the KCH some years back. Her performance defies my vocabulary.)