4.18.2010

Vanness gives us a 'Reason' to love him.

(I too cringe at the titles of my posts.) Since I've reconnected to the internet, thus the world, I've been doing the rounds on YouTube and happened upon Vanness's latest Japanese release, Reflections. Gotta hand it to the guy; he's come a long way from his F4 days, and the public thanks him. Credit God for showing Vanness the way, which hopefully does not lead to more bad accidents with facial hair.

One of the more popular hits on this album is Reason, and once again I am forced to admit that I am impressed. Easy when expectations start at zero, but he's bumped up the bar of late. On this song, Vanness's otherwise ordinary voice is boosted by healthy doses of autotune and other forms of electronic interference, making it catchy and slick enough to warrant a video with black leather, a sports car, cages, and um, a forest. He also exhibits some dance moves that would make Korean boy bands proud. Still, the kid ain't no Taeyang.

Check out the video, with guest Tiffany Xu as the hot chick with very smokey eyes. She played Yi Qian, the second love interest to Wu's Ren Guang Xi in 下一站,幸福 (Autumn's Concerto).