4.12.2009

'Between the Sheets' on Easter. Naughty.

Watching: North and South
Listening: the whirring of my computer
Reading: newspapers and news magazines and news blogs because I'm a news whore

News of the Day:
  • Happy Easter!!!
Right, there's no real news of the day. It's quite late and I'm tired. Since Lent is over, I indulged in some youtube and tv. :( But now I have ~500 words to write before I can call it a night. Time was wasted on the following: random Chinese music videos, random Richard Armitage clips from Spooks, et al. But my real discovery was a tv show Mr. Armitage did some time ago called Between the Sheets. It's about tangled sex lives, billing itself as a grown-up conversation about the real issues complicating today's sexual relationships. Mr. Armitage plays Paul, a youth offender officer, who is in a relationship with Alona, a sex therapist to the other main couples of the show. (This is more of a subplot - but a zexy one.) Shit goes down when Paul is accused of having sex with one of his underage charges and Alona isn't sure whether or not she believes his denial.

So here are the 6 lengthy clips that some wonderful person has edited onto youtube. Thoughts below.





Shoddy dye job, super creepy facial hair.









So that was mucho disturbing. I'm going to blame tonight's lack of productivity on the fact that I'm still reeling from this revelation. I've only seen what's on youtube but if you read the comments, apparently Paul agreed to oral sex with the girl, after denying anything more than a second of wanting to kiss her. The shock isn't what he did so much that he managed to get away with the deception. Creepy, creepy bastard. The worst of it is, I really don't want to think of someone with Richard Armitage's face as a sex offender!! Alas, the perils of acting. Anyway, two thumbs up for a stellar performance. The man is this side of awesome.

(I did try to erase this Paul character from my brain so I popped in ol' North and South instead. Ahh, Thornton. Feel free to love and possess me.)

Oh, I do have a Robin Hood update. Guy is apparently on hiatus for the next two episodes (S03E03-04) so nothing to indulge in really, though I'm a mild Joe Armstrong fan and I find David Harewood intriguing. Episode 2 was ~mehmeh~. I've concluded that I really can't enjoy the show because I'm caught in the middle of the two main demographics they're aiming for. I'm not 10, though my interests often indicate otherwise, nor do I have a 10 year old to enjoy it with. So it's hard not to be cynical about a show that I usually watch whilst hunched over a computer screen in my mini-room and that features some, quite frankly, shitteous dialogue. The Robin Hood world doesn't claim the most elegant of speakers for sure. And none of the many themes and undercurrents of the show really impress on me; again, probably because I'm at least twice the age of half the viewers. Love? Mr. Thornton cures that. Adventure? I have a couple months to write 2 chapters of my thesis. Stealing from the rich and giving to the poor? In America, we steal from the poor and give to the rich, so that also qualifies as 'adventure'. Nevertheless, looking forward to Guy's return in another week's time. Hope Prince John (Toby Stephens) will string along.