12.21.2009

Cheryl Cole + JLS = Everybody Fight for This Love

I finally watched some of the auditions and performances from the show that brought us Girls Aloud, and in case we didn't know this already, Cheryl Cole cannot sing. But that's not going to stop her from being a star, dammit, or an artiste. Nevertheless, I have a weakness for bad pop, though I do have some limits and generally don't listen to people who are still going through puberty. Her new song, Fight For This Love, is generically catchy, just the way I like them. A more able singer might turn this into a decent pop song, but alas, the Divine Ms Cole must rely a super slick video to pull through. Really, it looks like it's been dipped in double layers of latex.



Also, I was watching Never Mind the Buzzcocks the other day, an episode with the dear Russell Tovey. He and Michael Ball were guesting and on the opposing team was the short, skinny, supposedly cute one from JLS. He's kind of charming in a 'maybe I'd fancy him if I was 10 years younger' kind of way. But I'm not, so I don't. But I'll listen to his music. Here is a video of their latest single, Everybody in Love. Nothing extraordinary as far as boy bands go, but oh, how it stirs that 15 year old in me.