12.21.2009

'Spooks' marathon and series 2 of 'Merlin' concludes...thank you, British tax payers.

My internet's back. Well, it's been back for some time now but I've been busy with other affairs. Like overdosing on Spooks. Plowed through series 1 and 2, currently midway through series 3. Bloody amazing. I was gutted to see Tom Quinn forced out. It will be sad to see Zoe fly off to Chile. And I imagine Danny's death will not take well......In other BBC briefs, Merlin ended its series 2 run, and unlike it's misguided cousin Robin Hood, this show is maturing nicely. I'm definitely looking forward to the third series. The acting and writing continue to improve, and I admit, I readily teared up in the last episode. Previously, Merlin freed the dragon who returned the favor by attacking Camelot. The knights are useless against the dragon's superior fire power and need the talents of a Dragonlord to tame the thing. Unfortunately Uther killed the lot, save one - Balinor. Arthur and Merlin are tasked with finding this last Dragonlord, who Merlin discovers is his father. Cue sentimentality. It could have been a very weepy moment, but kudos to Colin Morgan who put his drama school training to good use......Many other backed up television posts to catch up on, and hopefully I'll get to them all seeing as most of my shows are either coming to an end or on hiatus until March (damn you, FlashForward and your shitty ratings).