12.21.2009

The Times' Top 50 TV Shows of the 2000s.

So here's another end of the year, end of the decade list with which to stuff your stocking.......Top 50 TV Shows of the 2000s. These things never work really; it's always a genius or an idiot behind these, maybe the same person. I've only recently hopped on to the tv bandwagon, evidenced by my tendency to start shows after they're off air. But I'll throw my support behind some of these entries - West Wing, Life on Mars, Simon Amstell-era Never Mind the Buzzcocks. I'm sure once I watch The Wire, Mad Men, and Six Feet Under, they'll make my list as well. Meanwhile, commenters are crying foul over the omission of Top Gear and one funny guy bemoaned the absence of the dramatic Adrian Lester vehicle Bonekickers. (It was crap.) Of course I'm convinced something fishy's going down at The Times headquarters because someone forgot to add Spooks.